- TV 5 Year Warranty Terms & conditions
TV 5 Year Warranty Terms & conditions
UK Warranty Ltd have been appointed to administer your Product warranty in years two, three, four and five extending the manufacturer’s warranty offering on your product from one year to five years. . We hope that Your Product will be operate trouble free, however should it fail during the Warranty Period please follow the procedure detailed in this document.
The words or expressions detailed below have the following meaning wherever they appear in this document in bold.
- Administrator / We / Us / Our means UK Warranty Limited, Picktree Court, Picktree Lane, Chester-le-Street, County Durham, DH3 3SY.
- Callout means the attendance of an engineer to Your Home during normal working hours (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday).
- Home means the property situated in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man, detailed on Your Service Agreement.
- Mechanical or Electrical Failure means the actual and sudden Mechanical or Electrical Failure which results in the sudden stoppage of the Product normal functions and which necessitates repair to resume those functions.
- Product means the domestic electrical equipment noted on Your Service Agreement.
- Retailer means the Retailer from which You purchased Your Safeguard Warranty.
- Service Agreement is this document and contains details of You and the Product.
- Warranty Period means the duration period noted on Your Service Agreement.
- You / Your means the person named on the Service Agreement.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
If Your Product suffers Mechanical or Electrical Failure, outside of the manufacturers guarantee period and our customer services team are not able to resolve the problem by telephone, we will arrange for a repair to be carried out during normal working hours (Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm). In some instances we may decide to replacement Your Product. In either case subject to the terms and conditions below.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Callout charges where a fault cannot be found with the Product.
- Consumable or auxiliary items e.g. batteries, leads or any accessories or peripherals that were not part of the original Product offering at the time of purchase.
- Mechanical or Electrical Failure caused by Accidental damage.
- Use of the Product by anyone other than You or Your immediate family living at the Home.
- Failure to comply with the manufacturer’s instructions for the care of the Product.
- Screen burn on Plasma and LCD TV.
- A Product installed in a commercial environment or where the level of use is deemed beyond normal domestic use.
- A Product that does not meet the current electrical regulations in force at the time.
- Costs not authorised by the Administrator or its appointed engineers.
- Faults relating to the installation of the Product.
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the Product.
- Rectifying maladjustment or incorrect configuration or setting of manual controls.
- Damage caused by foreign objects or substances.
- Faults known to You before commencement of cover under Your warranty.
- Work, which relates to a manufacturer recall.
- Repairs to damage of a cosmetic nature caused by but limited to denting, scratching, chipping, staining, and rust or corrosion.
- Routine maintenance of the Product, supplies or service in Your Home.
- Faults arising from the interruption, failure, disconnection or power surge in the power supply to Your Home however caused or due to inadequate ventilation of the Product.
- Faults arising as a result of normal wear and tear (e.g. belts, fuses, seals).
- Total loss of use of the Product due solely to the non-availability of replacement or substitute parts, in which case We shall offer a replacement Product or settlement based on a Product of equivalent or similar specification.
- Consequential loss of any type.
REPORTING A FAULT
To report a fault under Your Warranty it is imperative that You contact the Administrator as soon as possible by telephone on 0870 787 1089 or by fax 0191 3870784. Please have with You at the time of reporting the fault Your Service Agreement number and details of the Product
Repairs must only be undertaken if authorised by the Administrator.
- The Administrator will make reasonable attempts to obtain a suitable tradesman, provided that provision of service is not precluded by:
a) Adverse weather conditions.
b) Failure of the public transport system (including the road network) and repair thereto.
c) Other circumstances preventing access to Your Home or otherwise making provision of repair impractical.
- We shall be entitled to:
a) Decline a repair if, in Our opinion, Your Home or services have not been maintained in a safe or serviceable condition.
b) Decide on the most appropriate means of providing a repair or replacement, although We will take Your wishes into account whenever possible.
c) Void the Service Agreement in its entirety if any misrepresentation or concealment of material facts is made by You or anyone acting on Your behalf.
- You will be responsible for any call out charges if having requested assistance You are not at Home when the tradesman arrives or a fault cannot be found with the Product.
- We will arrange to supply and fit replacement parts or components where required. If You request any addition work or replacement parts, You will be responsible for the additional cost. We are not responsible for any inconvenience, loss or damage caused by delay in the supply of spare parts or components by manufacturers or their suppliers or agents.
- In the event that the parts for a Product are no longer available, or We deem the Product is beyond economical repair, We will base Our settlement on the replacement cost of the same model or a similar model with similar specification at the time of the breakdown.
- If You or anyone else under this Service Agreement acts false or dishonest in any way, Your Service Agreement will not be valid and You will lose all benefits under this Service Agreement.
- If You move address then You must inform the Administrator in writing or by phone.
- Where We deem the Product to be beyond economical repair or make a financial settlement in lieu of the repair all benefits under this Service Agreement will cease.
- This Service Agreement is automatically cancelled:
a) if You submit information knowing it to be false, fraudulent or a misrepresentation,
b) if We replace the Product
OUR PROMISE OF SERVICE
It is the intention to provide You the best possible service but if You do have any questions or concerns about this Service
Agreement the Managing Director of the Administrator. The contact details are:
The Managing Director, UK Warranty Limited, Picktree Court, Picktree Lane, Chester-le-Street, County Durham DH3 3SY.
Please ensure Your Warranty number is quoted in all correspondence to assist a quick and efficient response.
DATA PROTECTION ACT (1998)
Please note that any information provided to Us will be processed by Us and Our agents in compliance with the provisions of the
Data Protection Act 1998, for the purpose of providing this Service Agreement which may necessitate providing such information to